Elderly woman rushed to hospital after house fire at her Shipley home

Helen Street at Saltaire where a woman suffered smoke inhalation.
Helen Street at Saltaire where a woman suffered smoke inhalation.

An elderly woman was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a burnt out pan filled her Shipley house with smoke.

A spokesperson said the pan had been left unattended on a cooker and had burnt dry, filling the house with smoke.

An ambulance was called to take her to hospital while fire crews from Bingley and Shipley used a high powered fan to clear the house, on Helen Street, Saltaire, of smoke.

The incident happened just before 6.15pm last night (Sunday).