A family escaped to safety after a fire broke out in their home in the early hours of this morning (Saturday).
Crews from Huddersfield and Slaithwaite were called to the property in Western Road, Cowlersley, just after midnight.
On arrival, crews suspected people were trapped in the house, but after a search it was found that the occupants, including a child, had escaped by climbing from the first floor onto the roof of a bay window.
An adult female and the child were taken to hospital by ambulance after suffering from smoke inhalation.
Crews used 4 breathing apparatus, 3 hose reels and a high powered fan to clear the house of smoke.