Faulty fridge sparks kitchen fire

Library picture
Library picture

A faulty fridge caused a kitchen fire in Halifax last night (Wednesday).

Fire crews from Halifax and Illingworth were called to Hope Hall Street at around 6.30pm, where they found the fridge ablaze.

A young couple in the property at the time were alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm and managed to escape the property.

The kitchen was left smoke damaged and some of the units were damaged by the fire.

Four breathing apparatus wearers tackled the fire and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the property of smoke.

Crews left around 8.30pm.