Fire crews tackle basement fire

editorial image
Share this article

Firefighters from Halifax Fire Station were called out to a house fire in Savile Park.

They got the call to Haugh Shaw Croft at 3.15am and arrived to find a small fire in the basement of the house.

The sole occupant had managed to get out of the building but the fire, despite being small, was billowing out smoke.

Four breathing appratus were used to enter the building and the blaze was under control within 10 minutes.

The fire crew then used fans to get smoke out of the property.

They believe the fire was caused by an electrical fault in an appliance that had been left on.