Firefighters attend Elland bedroom fire

editorial image

Firefighters were called to a house fire in Elland this afternoon (Monday).

Crews from Elland and Brighouse attended the bedroom blaze at a property in Lower Edge Road at 4.50pm.

The fire been caused by an old stereo system and was discovered by the occupant on their return home.

Two breathing apparatus wearers entered the property and two hose reels as well as a positive pressure ventilation fan were used to tackle the fire.

Nobody was in the house at the time and crews left at approximately 6pm.