Firefighters called to bedroom fire

editorial image
Share this article

A faulty de-humidifier caused a fire in a bedroom at Wellgarth, Halifax, today.

The occupant had left the house and a fault caused the machine to catch fire.

Fire damage was confined to the bedroom but the property was heavily smoke-logged.

Halifax Watch Commander Howard Young said there was no smoke detector in the property and if there had been it might have alerted the occupier.

The incident happened shortly before 9 am.