Firefighters called to fire at Todmorden flat

editorial image

Firefighters were called to a fire at a second floor flat in Todmorden.

Crews from Todmorden and Mytholmroyd attend the blaze which happened last night in Halifax Road. When they arrived a man was still in the flat but was led to safety. He was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene.

The blaze was in the kitchen area and crews managed to extinguish the fire using one hose reel, two breathing apparatus and a high powered fan was used to clear the flat of smoke.