Firefighters had to force open the door to an apartment at a block of flats in Mixenden after they were called to a suspected cooking fire this morning (Sunday).
Crew from Elland, Halifax, Illingworth and Brighouse attended the reported fire at Mixenden Court, Halifax at 10.30am, after a neighbour raised concerns about smoke billowing from the flat.
The door to the apartment had to be forced open and a fan had to be used to blow the smoke away to improve visability.
The suspected fire turned out to be smoke from a dried out pan that the resident had left on the stove before going out.
No one was in the apartment at the time and there was no damage done to the flat.