Firefighters tackle chip pan fire in Halifax

editorial image
Share this article

Firefighters attended a chip pan fire at a house in Halifax this afternoon (Wednesday).

Two appliances from Halifax attended the property on Mount Pleasant Avenue at 2.45pm.

They used one hose reel, two breathing apparatus and a positive pressure ventilation fan to extinguish the fire, which caused heat and smoke damage to the oven area of the kitchen.

Nobody was injured and the occupants were out of the property when firefighters arrived.

The crew left the scene around 3.45pm.