Firefighters tackle HGV blaze

editorial image

Firefighters were called to a blaze in an HGV at a builders merchants.

Crews from Brighouse and Cleckheaton attended at Naylor Myers, on Armitage Road, Brighouse, at 3pm, to find an HGV well alight.

The driver had been unloading conrete aggregate when the blaze started - which was thought to have been caused by a malfunctioning hydraulic pipe.

It took fire crews using two hose reels around 25 minutes to bring the fire under control but no one was injured.