Firefighters warn residents to stay safe after a pan fire caused panic in Sowerby Bridge

editorial image

Firefighters were called to a house fire in Sowerby Bridge this afternoon as the residents fell asleep whilst food was on the boil.

The flames, which started in the kitchen, was due to a pan being left on the boil at around 4pm.

Firefighters from Halifax and Elland were called to the scene after a neighbour noticed smoke coming from the house on Norland View, Sowerby Bridge.

No damage or injuries were caused as a result of the pan being left unatttended. It is believed the residents fell asleep after a few drinks and forgot about the pan on the boil in the kitchen.

Firefighters have asked that while people enjoy the sun please remember to stay safe and be aware of the dangers of cooking after drinking alcohol.