Firefighters were called to the multi-storey Lister Court, Halifax, at 1.25 am today. (Tue)
Five crews attended due to the possibility of people being trapped and the incident was located on the 12th floor.
Halifax crew commander Mark Jones said a woman had fallen asleep after drinking alcohol and fumes from her cooking set off the fire alarm.
Firefighters ventilated her room and no other flats were affected.
“It shows the danger of cooking while under the influence of alcohol and it was her smoke alarm which alerted her to the smoke in her flat,” said crew commander Jones.
He added people wanting a smoke detector should contact their local fire station.