Local groups benefit from fund
A community healthcare provider celebrated its achievements by handing out cash grants of between Â£200 and Â£1,000 to local causes.
Almost £4,600 was presented to nine community projects from the Kirklees, Calderdale and Bradford areas when Locala Community Partnerships held a presentation lunch for successful groups.
More than 20 representatives from the groups attended the Huddersfield event, alongside Locala’s colleague and community members and Members’ Council.
Locala Community Fund grants are given to local groups, charities and projects twice a year as part of the social enterprise’s commitment to supporting communities.
Valerie Schofield received £1000 for Crisis Pregnancy Care in Halifax, who provide information and support to young people, through a range of services including helplines, drop-in sessions and counselling.
She said: “We needed funds for the salary of our admin assistant who works 10 hours a week. She is currently our only paid worker so it is very important to have sufficient funds to pay her.”
The groups who received grants:
- St Upper Dearne Valley Navigators - £400
- Bramwells Sports Development Team - £300
- Bingley and District Allotment - £350
- Crisis Pregnancy Care - £1000
- Holme Valley Mountain Rescue Team - £520
- Mirfield Community Centre - £500
- Slaithwaite Brass Band - £300
- Talthru - £1000
- The Faye Knowles Chapman Foundation - £200