Newborn baby checked for smoke inhalation after fire at West Yorkshire house

Fell Grove
Fell Grove

A NEWBORN baby was among five people who underwent medical checks for suspected  smoke inhalation after a tumble drier caught fire at a house in Huddersfield.

Two adults and three children - including a newborn baby - were out of the property when fire crews arrived at the scene of the blaze at the house on Fell Grove just before 3.30am today (Sat July 14).

Fire crews from Rastrick and Huddersfield extingusihed the blaze.

West Yorkshire Fire Service said paramedics were called to check all five people with smoke inhalation.