BUS service in the Calder Valley should start improving soon according to transport operator First.
Public transport users throughout the area have seen service cancellations and delays over the past 12 months, but that will soon be a thing of the past, according to First.
First took control of service A to E and FLX from previous operator Tyrer last month and a spokesperson said the company has since made improvements to vehicles and bus timetables.
The spokesperson said: “Even though we were not supposed to take over the tendered contract until later this month and to ensure customers were not left stranded without a bus service, First staff have stepped in to run these services with immediate effect. At the same time our engineering staff have been working hard to bring the standard of the minibuses inherited to an acceptable level for customers.”
First is holding a meeting at Hebden Bridge Town Hall on Wednesday, July 25. Details of upcoming service changes, include an extension to the FLX service on Friday and Saturday evenings from September onwards will be announced.