Tributes pour in for Elland dad-of-two who has sadly died following bike crash

Darren Speight has sadly died after a crash in Elland.
Darren Speight has sadly died after a crash in Elland.

Tributes have poured in for a father-of-two from Elland who has sadly died from his injuries sustained in a bike crash.

Cyclist Darren Speight, 41, lived in Elland and was almost home from a training ride when the crash happened on Lower Edge Road last Sunday August 4.

His bicycle and a motorbike collided and Darren’s bike then hit parked car.

He was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries and he was in a coma in Leeds General Infirmary.

However his 3RT Cycling Club in Brighouse have posted a message on Twitter about his sad death.

READ MORE: Elland dad-of-two tragically dies from injuries suffered in bike crash

Tributes have poured in on the Halifax Courier Facebook page paying tribute to Darren.

Here are just some of the messages.

Jacqueline Leslie: "So sad to hear such devastating news. Darren was a lovely guy and a wonderful father. He will be sorely missed. RIP Darren. My love to all the family."

Lizzy Knowles-Waite: "Such sad news, such a lovely person. My thoughts and prayers are with his daughters and all the family."

Helen Liz: "So sad, my thoughts go to his family and loved ones.x A lovely person."

Cynthia Briggs: "RIP Darren such a great person gone to soon it’s devastating."

Diane Rooney: "A light has gone out in the lives of all who knew Darren, but the qualities we loved in him will shine on in his legacy - Millie and Mia. Just heartbroken."

Joanne Mallinson: "Can’t imagine what dazs family are going through right now , a genuinely lovely guy , RIP DAZ."

A fundraising page to support self-employed flooring contractor Darren and his two daughters - 11-year-old Mia and 13-year-old Millie - was crated and already raised over £18,000.

To donate to the collection for Darren, visit, Fundraising events are also being planned.

Police are appealing for anyone with information about the accident, which happened at around 10.23pm on Sunday, August 4, to call them on 101.