LiveCalderdale elections results: This is how they day unfolded as Labour remained in control
The local Calderdale Council election count has finished at North Bridge Leisure Centre today.
Here is our blog of how they day unfolded.
Live results and reaction from Calderdale local elections
Last updated: Saturday, 08 May, 2021, 17:05
Final message from Calderdale Council
We will be bringing you more reaction from the results over the next few days so be sure to check back on our website.
Picture gallery special
It was certainly a different picture inside North Bridge Leisure Centre today. Click here to see our special picture gallery of the election count.
What do all the results now mean
So the Labour group has retained control of Calderdale Council. Having entered the elections defending eight seats Labour have retained seven of the eight and made one gain and will keep their five seat overall majority.
The Conservatives have made two gains at the Liberal Democrats’ expense, one at Labour’s, and one from independent.
All the results are in
All the results have now been announced and the afternoon session has finished. Here are the voting numbers from this afternoon.
- Josh Fenton-Glynn (Labour), 3399 - elected
- Helen Claire Lasham (Freedom Alliance No Lockdowns No Curfews), 90
- Gail Lund (Conservative), 936
- Alan McDonald (Green), 480
- Nikki Stocks (Liberal Democrats). 220
Greetland and Stainland(two seats)
- Paul Bellenger (Liberal Democrats), 1814 - elected
- Jacob Cook (Conservative), 1020 - elected
- Kathleen Anne Mary Foster (Labour), 435
- Ed Greenwood (Independent), 240
- Jacquelyn Haigh (Green), 296
- Rahat Ullah Khan (Labour), 234
- Matt Lawson (Green), 154
- Joseph Paul Steven Matthews (Conservative), 954
- Alex Parsons-Hulse (Liberal Democrats). 997
Hipperholme and Lightcliffe
- Elaine Hey (Green), 265
- George Robinson (Conservative), 2679 - elected
- Sophie Sutton (Liberal Democrats), 92
- Joe Thompson (Labour). 910
- Christine Bampton-Smith (Liberal Democrats), 372
- Jane Scullion (Labour), 1735 - elected
- Jill Smith-Moorhouse (Conservative), 1365
- Kate Sweeny (Green). 313
- Javed Bashir (Liberal Democrats), 91
- Peter Judge (Labour), 1082
- Gareth Owen (Green), 327
- Sophie Whittaker (Conservative). 2112 - elected
- Freda Davis (Green), 207
- Chris Green (Reform UK), 51
- Peter John Hunt (Independent), 848
- Robert Thornber (Conservative), 1785 - elected
- Leah Webster (Labour), 798
- Pete Wilcock (Liberal Democrats). 85
- David Booth (Green), 238
- Mark Edwards (Conservative), 1272
- Thomas Stringfellow (Liberal Democrats), 109
- Adam Wilkinson (Labour). 1805 - elected
- David Leslie Budgen (Conservative), 743
- Ashley Evans (Liberal Democrats), 1493 - elected
- David Veitch (Labour), 1108
- Katie Witham (Green). 172
Calder ward result is in
As you were in Rastrick
The Conservatives have held their seat in Rastrick - Sophie Whittaker has been re-elected.
Labour hold another seat
Adam Wilkinson has been re-selected as councillor in Sowerby Bridge
Next result is in
The Conservatives have held their Ryburn Ward seat.
Lib Dems hold onto Warley seat
Ashley Evans has been re-elected in Warley.
Conservative gain a seat
Two seats were being contested in the Greetland and Stainland ward - and the conservatives have gained one from the Lib Dems.
Second result is in and it is a significant one
This means Labour are over the line. The Deputy Leader of the Councl Jane Scullion has held Luddenden Foot, giving them the six wins they needed to retain overall control of the council.
First afternoon result is in
Conservative hold in Hipperholme and Lightcliffe...
...with a big majority as well
Ward results expected
Reminder of the results we are expecting this afternoon.
More pictures from this morning
Tina Benton, Conservative, Brighouse ward.
Diana Tremayne, Labour, Todmorden ward.
Councillor Danielle Afton, Labour, Ovenden ward