A quick-thinking owner managed to move his burning car away from his Hebden Bridge home before it set fire to it.
The incident happened on Foster Lane at 9.15am today (Thursday) after the man’s Vauxhall Corsa caught fire as soon as he turned on the ignition.
He moved the vehicle out of harms way and waited for firefighters to arrive.
One appliance from Todmorden Fire Station attended and used one hose reel and one breathing apparatus to extinguish the flames.
The man was uninjured, but the car was completely destroyed.
It is believed the fire was caused by an electrical fault.