Kitchen blaze in Todmorden

Firefighters were called to a fire in a kitchen in Todmorden this morning.
Halifax Fire Station, King Cross, HalifaxHalifax Fire Station, King Cross, Halifax
Halifax Fire Station, King Cross, Halifax

The teams from Todmorden and Mytholmroyd went to the house on Halifax Road in Eastwood just before 11.30am.

They managed to stop the fire from spreading to the rest of the house and used two fans to clear smoke from the home and the house next door.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

A 15-year-old boy suffered smoke inhalation but did not need hospital treatment.

A cooker and surrounding kitchen units were damaged.

The cause of the fire is understood to be accidental.

Firefighters are urging people to make sure they have working smoke alarms. For a free home fire safety check, contact West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.

Related topics: