`

Unattended candle sparks Mixenden bedroom blaze

Library picture
Library picture

An unattended candle sparked a bedroom blaze in Mixenden last night (Tuesday).

Fire crews from Halifax and Illingworth were called to a property in Woodbrook Avenue at around 10.40pm.

The occupants of the house had managed to get out before firefighters arrived.

A West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “We managed to confine the fire to the bedroom, but it was quite an intense fire.”

Firefighters used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire and left at around 12.30pm