Unattended pan sparks kitchen blaze

Library picture
Library picture

An unattended pan sparked a kitchen blaze in Halifax this afternoon (Thursday).

Fire crews from Halifax and Illingworth were called to an address in Hopwood Lane at around 12.30pm.

Nobody was in the property at the time, so firefighters had to break the door down to gain access.

Its thought the pan had been left unattended for around two to three house, causing the kitchen and floors of the house to fill with smoke.

Four breathing apparatus wearers tackled the fire using two hose reel jets and a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the house of smoke.