Warning after candle starts fire in house in Bailiff Bridge last night

editorial image
Share this article

Firefighters are urging people to take care with lighted candles after a fire at a home in Bailiff Bridge last night.

Teams from Brighouse Fire Station were called to Sovereign Square at 7pm where the flame from a candle had set fire to some ornamental twigs in a living room.

The flames also spread to a television set and a man inside suffered blisters to his hands trying to put the blaze out before firefighters arrived.