Fire chiefs have issued a warning after a blaze was started by an incorrect charger being used on an e-cigarette.
West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service was called to a fire after an exploding lithium-ion battery in an e-cigarette set fire to a mattress.
The blaze began after an incorrect charger was used. The fire service said: "Just because the plugs fit doesn't make it a suitable charger. Always use the charger supplied by the manufacturer."
These photos show the extent of the devastation caused by the fire.
Here is some key advice from WYFRS for using e-cigarettes
Never leave e-cigarette batteries unattended whilst on charge.
Only use the charger supplied with the battery as they need to be charged at the correct rate of charge.
DO NOT buy counterfeit goods as batteries/chargers may not have overcurrent protection which may lead to battery exploding.