Washing machine fire at Halifax home

Share this article

Two fire pumps were called out to a washing machine fire at a house in Halifax.

The cellar fire started due to a faulty washing machine at a property on Westfield Terace, off of Pellon Lane.

Fire crews from Halifax and Bradford attended to the fire at around 4pm this afternoon (Wednesday).

Fire services were alerted after a neighbour heard the smoke detector alarm.

Halifax fire station say the fire could have been much worse if no smoke alarm was fitted and remind all residents that they can collect a free smoke detector from the station.