Woman has lucky escape after chimney fire

editorial image

There was a lucky escape for a woman living in Dean House Lane, Luddenden when the chimney in her house caught fire last night (Friday).

The open fire at the foot of the chimney spread to the nearby supply of wood, but fortunately this did not spread to the carpet and soft furnishings in the front room of the property.

A next-door neighbour alerted the woman after the smoke got into the adjoining property.

Crews from Halifax and Mytholmroyd attended the incident at around 11.40pm, but there was no fire damange to the property, although there was considerable smoke damage.