Woman taken to hospital after oven fire in Ovenden

editorial image

A woman was taken to hospital after a fire in Ovenden.

Firefighters from Illingworth and Halifax were called to Moorside Gardens at around 12.30am this morning.

The woman had fallen asleep and was woken by the smoke detector.

The grill oven had set on fire and caused smoke and heat damage to the kitchen. The house had filled with smoke.

The woman, who escaped via the front window, was given oxygen and taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.