Woman treated by fire crews after tumble dryer fire

editorial image

A woman had to be treated by firefighters after a tumble dryer caught fire in her kitchen.

Fire crews were called to a property at The Long Causeway in Hebden Bridge at 11.30pm last night (Monday).

The blaze was contained to the kitchen as firefighters from Todmorden and Mytholmroyd used one hose reel and two breathing apparatus to tackle the fire.

A high powered fan was also used to extinguish fire and clear smoke from the property.

Oxygen was administered to a female occupier by fire service personnel, with an ambulance requested for precautionary check up.