Holidays can be expensive, with some costing a lot of money if you want to travel further afield or as a family.
But travel comparison site TravelSupermarket has now revealed this summer’s top 20 holiday deals. These are the cheapest countries to travel to.
Greece comes out on top
Specific locations were analysed for the median seven night package holiday price during the summer school holidays.
The list, which is tailored to families, ranks Kotos in Corfu, Greece as top.
The average costs of staying in Kotos is £56.25 per person per night, while Golden Sands in Bulgaria comes in at £60.29 per person per night, ranking second.
Research found that Costa Brava, in Spain, costs an average of £61.30 per person per night, and the Neapolitan Riviera, Italy costs £63.82 per person per night.
Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria, claimed the fifth spot, costing £64.08 per person per night.
Perhaps surprisingly, the survey also revealed that some shorter haul packages were actually more expensive than long haul packages.
Cheapest summer 2019 package holidays for families (median price per person, per night)
1. Corfu, Greece £56.25pppn median
2. Golden Sands and Albena, Bulgaria – £60.29pppn
3. Costa Brava, Spain £61.30pppn
4. Neapolitan Riviera, Italy £63.82pppn
5. Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria, £64.08pppn
6. Malia, Crete, £65.72pppn
7. Valencia, Spain, £67.40pppn
8. Bourgas (Sunny Beach and Nesebar), Bulgaria £67.50pppn
9. Fuengirola, Costa del Sol, Spain £68.41pppn
10. Laganas, Zante, Greece £68.61pppn
11. Sicily, Italy £69.13pppn
12. Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote, Canary Islands £69.64pppn
13. Benidorm, Costa Blanca, Spain £69.73pppn
14. Rhodes, Greece £70.14pppn
15. Malta £70.17pppn
16. Corfu Town, Greece £70.33pppn
17. Cote D’Azur, France £71.03pppn
18. Lagos, The Algarve, Portugal £71.10pppn
19. Nerja, Costa del Sol, Spain £71.21pppn
20. Majorca, Balearic Islands £72.05pppn
This article was originally published on our sister site, Lancashire Evening Post.