Bowe goes nap in Rangers romp

John Sawyer for Lee Mount and Ross Able for Shoulder.
John Sawyer for Lee Mount and Ross Able for Shoulder.

Striker Peter Bowe secured a five goal haul as Bridge Balti Halifax Sunday League basement boys Halifax Rangers powered to stunning 7-2 success over Czech United.

It was Rangers’ third three pointer of the campaign with one of their previous victories coming against the same opponents having beaten them 5-4 earlier in the campaign.

The home side did it the hard way yet again as, like in the first meeting, they fell behind to Jiri Fejtl’s spectacular volley. Rangers were handed a way back into the game courtesy of Bowe’s penalty following an infringement on livewire Adam Rayner.

In the second half, the home side never looked back after Bowe had headed in his second following Stewart Heaton’s flick-on, though the home side contested his third goal, scored in a goalmouth scramble, after the referee claimed that the ball had crossed the line before being retrieved.

Aiden Hill’s flick provided Bowe with a simple headed fourth and the front man completed his nap-hand when he ran through unchallenged following veteran Tommy Metcalfe’s pass.

Bowe then squandered two further golden chances before the Czech side scored what appeared to be a consolation through Dominik Kudrac’s fine strike. But there was still time for Rayner to fire home Rangers’ sixth and substitute Greg Austin somewhat fortuitously made it 7-2 with a back-header that squirmed under the ‘keeper’s dive.

Elsewhere in Division Two there were victories for Beehive & Crosskeys and Top Club over Feathers Reserves and Halifax Hammers Reserves respectively.

James Denton of Engineers admitted his side had been lucky to emerge from their Premier Division encounter against Waiters Arms with maximum points following a 3-2 success.

Both sides were evenly matched on a heavy surface with Waiters denied a point when a late effort looked to have crossed the goalline but wasn’t spotted by the officials.

Engine took the lead through Steven Jones, but in a game of tit for tat scoring Waiters pulled level.

The home side’s lead was restored by John Bates only for Waiters to make it 2-2.

There were five minutes left when Engine netted the decisive goal with James Bugler the man on target.

Lee Mount had to field a patched up side with some key players missing against FC Shoulder Northowram - yet they still managed to emerge 4-3 winners.

Shoulder took advantage early on with stand in goalkeeper Liam Normanton reacting slowly allowing Lee Worrall to coolly slide the ball home.

Lee Mount woke up and created a number of chances with Callum Meade being unable to capitalise on some poor defending.

Mount finally equalised with an outstanding 45-yard clearance from Paul Fiander which sailed over the ‘keeper and into an empty net. Shoulder picked themselves up and broke away with two goals in five minutes to make it 3-1 at half time.

A formation change saw Mount completely dominate the second half, They initially became frustrated after missing a number of chances but great work from Meade gave Fiander his second on a plate.

Mount equalised with 10 minutes to go when a fantastic free kick from young Jack Normanton was headed in at the back post by Gaukroger. Normanton then scored the goal of the game with a brilliant 25-yard effort into the top corner to seal the points.

Feathers also picked up maximum returns from a 3-0 success at Mount Tabor.

Old Pond opened up an imposing gap at the top of Division One after seeing off in-form Bradshaw 5-3.

Pond made a blistering start with player-manager Richard Dawson feeding Glen Lee who calmly finished.

It was deja vu shortly afterwards as this time Stephen Ashford found the front man who made it two after just six minutes.

Chris Woodhouse was Bradshaw’s most dangerous outlet and he grabbed a goal back, but Lee, only playing up front due to injuries, completed a first half hat-trick for the Hove Edge side.

Bradshaw competed hard throughout and once more came back just before the interval, early substitute Connor Ryan tucking home neatly at the back post. The comeback was completed early into the second half with Tom Boyle beating the offside trap and firing home.

The home side battled hard to regain their lead and it was once more Wayne Allert who proved the late hero.

Geoff Pitcher broke impressively and squared for Allert who slid the ball home for his first, before man of the match contender Ashford again fed the big front man to complete the win.

Queens Head ran out comfortable 3-1 winners at Triangle.

Queens made a bright start and took a 1-0 lead into the break with Joe Bryson producing a good finish.

Stand-in ‘keeper Kai Hallwood had precious little to do as the visitors doubled their lead after the interval with Lee Brear’s cross being turned in by a home defender.

The home side pulled a goal back when Queens were found short-handed at the back, but they secured the points when Luke Eastwood added a late third.

Greetland Goldstars hit the goal trail, netting six times without reply in a comfortable win at Rastrick BC.