Carrington back in the groove against weakened Shoulder

Beehive and Cross Keys v Halifax Rangers.
Beehive and Cross Keys v Halifax Rangers.

Carrington brushed off the cobwebs of nine weeks of inactivity to run out 11-0 winners over nine man Shoulder FC.

With Beechwood Park still unplayable, the game was moved to Savile Park but the neutral venue did little to help Shoulder whose depleted numbers meant they were always going to be up against it.

To their credit, they battled hard throughout and managed to frustrate Carrington in the early stages but once Jay Carney brook the deadlock the floodgates opened.

Damien Randall added a second and then Robbie Graham headed home to make it three.

Further goals from Dick Hartley, Jordan Coduri and a second for Carney gave Carrington a six goal lead at half-time.

Carney completed a superb hat-trick early in the second half and his fourth and fifth followed soon after.

Randall then grabbed his second before James Machon completed the scoring with a great strike into the top corner.

Elland Sports beat Premier Division rivals Waiters Arms 7-5 in a thriller at Greetland.

Waiters started brightly and having missed three earlier chances Billy Grogan put them in front with a fine solo effort.

Elland were soon level with Carlton Balmer scoring a free kick from 25 yards. Waiters then regained the lead when a long Ashton Richardson throw evaded everyone and Adam Fenton nodded home at the back post.

Waiters continued to squander chances which came back to haunt them as Dean Heppenstall rifled in a superb equaliser and then Andy Farrell gave Elland the lead on half time with a deflected effort.

Elland attacked down the slope in the second half and made the pressure count with Antony Campbell scoring another free kick and Martin Boon netting from the spot after a foul on Balmer.

Then a comedy of errors when Waiters ‘keeper Ash Rayner attempted a kick out only to hit teammate Fenton and the ball looped over his head leaving Balmer with a tap in. Balmer then completed his hat trick with a well taken finish.

Waiters rallied with substitutes Chris Doyle and James Bruno combining to set Marco Romano up for his 10th of the season and then Grogan sent David Chappell through and he finished well for his 20th of the campaign.

Top scorer Lee Wood then made it five for Waiters with a couple of minutes remaining but Elland just edged it in a game well refereed by Steve Berry.

Ryburn Valley twice came from behind before running out 4-2 winners over Triangle in an entertaining Division One clash.

David Carter proved to be Valley’s top man as he bagged a hat-trick to help deliver the three points.

Triangle grabbed the lead only for Carter to level with his first of the day.

The second half saw Triangle edge ahead but again they were pegged back with Ryan Bruce on target.

Carter then put his side ahead for the first time before adding his third to kill the contest.

In the only other game to get played, Ryburn United heaped further misery on bottom side Royd Club with a 3-0 win

Top Club may count themselves lucky to have taken a point in a 3-3 Division Two draw with King Cross Park as the visitors were denied a win in controversial circumstances.

In a first half largely dominated by Top Club, King Cross took an early lead after Simon Ward’s free kick looped in over the home ‘keeper.

Top Club equalised and continued to control matters, squandering a number of chances. Heroic and dogged defending from Park, which included a number of excellent saves from Jordan Radcliffe, kept Top Club at bay and left the scores level at the break.

Top Club took the lead shortly after the restart, capitalising on poor marking to head in from a corner. Park then threw on new signing Mike Barker, and he quickly levelled the scores with an excellent solo goal after great build up play. Barker then lobbed the ‘keeper soon after, only to see the referee wave play on, despite the ball clearly crossing the line.

Top Club then took a controversial lead, scoring from a quick free kick leaving Park dismayed when the referee allowed the goal to stand.

A determined King Cross team claimed a deserved equaliser in the last minute with Si Ward netting from close range after an excellent team move.

Beehive & Cross Keys were given a decent examination by Halifax Rangers before pulling away to win 5-0.

Rangers were the better side in a goalless first half and had what looked like a perfectly good goal harshly ruled out.

Beehive improved after the break and once they took the lead there was only going to be one winner.

David Armitage set them on their way direct from a corner after which Simon Gerrard notched twice with Adam Davis and substitute Nick Green accounting for the rest.