Hollins face Carrington in final

Actions from Fountain Head v Hollins Holme at Savile Park. Pictured is Paddy Riley
Actions from Fountain Head v Hollins Holme at Savile Park. Pictured is Paddy Riley

Hollins Holme will bid to lift the Halifax FA Eddie Hebblethwaite Sunday Cup for a second time in three seasons in May.

Joel Booth’s side booked their place in the final with a 5-0 win over big underdogs Fountain Head at Savile Park on Sunday.

Standing in their way at the Shay on May 3 or 4 will be Halifax Sunday League top dogs Carrington, who beat old rivals Waiters Arms 2-1 at Trinity Academy in the other semi-final.

Hollins beat Halifax Hammers 3-2 at Brighouse Town in the 2013-14 final and Carrington, who are running away with the league again, will be formidable foes.

The Calder Valley side virtually snuffed out Head’s hopes with two goals in the opening 15 minutes.

Toby Standring opened the scoring from eight yards after the ball had ricochetted around in the box.

Greg Spink added a superb second, volleying the ball into the bottom corner from 40 yards after a clearance.

Spink added a third from the penalty spot just before half time after Craig Holdsworth had handled on the line.

Spink completed his hat-trick with another penalty 10 minutes after the break following a foul on Standring.

James Chadwick completed the scoring five minutes from time with a header from a Standring cross.

Carrington beat old rivals Waiters Arms for the third team this season but were pushed all the way at Trinity Academy.

Waiters probably created more chances but Jay Carney struck the decisive blows.

He gave Carrington the lead in the first half after good work form Damien Randall and then doubled their advantage with a shot which went in off a post 10 minutes after the break.

David Chappell got Waiters back in the hunt 10 minutes later after breaking away and rounding the ‘keeper but Carrington held on.

The pair will meet again in the Senior Cup semi-final.

Halifax Hammers were grateful for Jasim Saleh’s penalty with three minutes left to earn a 1-1 draw away to Top Club in the Premier Division of the Ziggy’s Metro Cars Halifax Sunday League.

Hammers missed some golden opportunities, including an earlier spot kick, but were generally kept in check by well organised and determined opponents.

The visitors played good football without threatening and midway through the first half a long ball was sent into the box and a Top Club striker headed home.

Hammers pushed men forward. Irfan Afzal’s header hit the bar and Lamin Gitteh raced past defenders and his low shot hit the post.

It was a similar story in the second half with Hammers passing neatly but toothless in attack.

Top Club broke and Yasar Mohammed saved well before Junaid Ali was bought down by the Top Club keeper. Mohammed Ozair put the penalty over the bar.

Kashif Akmal failed to convert a one-on-one chance but when Lamin Gitteh was fouled, Saleh scored to the relief of the visitors.

Sam Taylor struck five times as second-placed Bowling Green put injury-hit Old Pond to the sword by 9-1.

The match started well enough for the Hove Edge visitors, but individual errors allowed the home side to move out of site.

Hayden Lewis hit a post and Ryan Dowse missed a good chance for Pond but there was only going to be one winner.

Wayne Allert grabbed a goal back for Pond while Adam Sharp, Thomas Holroyd, Andrew Sutcliffe and a Dave Lawrence own goal completed the rout.

Lee Mount did their survival hopes a power of good with a third win of the season, by 6-1 against Mount Tabor in a match switched to Shroggs Park.

It was a good team performance from Mount, who romped into a 4-0 interval lead, but two players hogged the glory with Callum Meade scoring four times and Jordan Ryder twice.

Two of Meade’s goals were particularly fine efforts - a 25-yard free kick and another fine finish after beating two players.

Tabor were 6-0 down before finally having something to celebrate.

Beehive & Crosskeys kept up their pursuit of inactive leaders Feathers in Division One with a 3-2 win away to Bradshaw.

Nick Green scored twice and Ollie Fenton got the other for the visitors, who had a player dismissed with 15 minutes left.

Third-placed Queens Hotel kept up their impressive run with a 5-0 win away to Royd Club and are looking the biggest threats to Feathers.

Triangle moved clear of the bottom two with a 4-1 home win over Oddfellows while mid-table pair Ryburn Valley and Ovenden BCFC fought out a 1-1 draw.

There was only one match in Division Two and Top Club Reserves climbed a place to sixth with a 4-2 win over Weavers at Carr Green.