Holme too good for under-strength Tabor

George Bamford
George Bamford

Hollins Holme encountered few problems as they eased into the quarter finals of the Briggs Priestley Senior Cup following an 8-0 demolition of Mount Tabor, who played the game with nine men.

The under-strength visitors lead the way in Division One and could have expected to play their part in a thrilling encounter against the Premier Division top dogs.

However, their lack of numbers proved their undoing as Holme ruthlessly brushed them aside with four goals in each half.

George Bamford scored a first half hat-trick with Andrew Butterworth adding a fourth before the interval.

It was the same story in the second half where Bamford netted his fourth, and Holme’s sixth, early on with Andy Butterworth increasing the lead on the hour.

Butterworth then secured his hat-trick leaving Jamie Gwilliam to round things off with five minutes to go.

Elland Sports booked their passage with a 3-1 home win over Ryburn Valley while Lee Mount put seven without reply past Premier Division basement boys Oddfellows.

Carrington were another Premier Division side to see off lower-ranked opposition as they secured a 9-3 win over Queens Head

Hens Face came out on top in an 11-goal Division One thriller at Bradshaw.

Bradshaw made the early running but their attacks had no end product.

Burke then put a lovely ball over there high line of defence for Jake Kennedy to race through and coolly finish in the bottom corner.

Bradshaw scored shortly after through Tom Boyle’s scuffed shot, but it was Hens Face who finished the first half on top with Shaun Byrne and Dan Tyer having chances set up byman of match Kennedy.

The second half started with Hens Face on the attack again and they took lead again when a great ball from Tyer found Kennedy who did the rest.

Bradshaw tried to hit back but a combination of the the back four and keeper kept them out. Hens Face then won a free kick 35 yards out and Shaun Byrne got on the end of the delivery to finish well.

Bradshaw were not to be outdone and scored twice to pull it back to 3-3. However, Shaun Byrne scored from halfway from the restart with a great lob over the keeper.

Bradshaw equalised again only for Byrne to claim his hat trick with Kennedy following suit for a 6-4 lead.

Bradshaw were then awarded got a late penalty which Chris Woodhouse despatched after which great team work from Hens Face wrapped the game up.

North Bridge put their run of bad results behind them with a strong solid performance and a 2-1 victory against Triangle FC.

Bridge could have been out of sight by half time with Dean Crossley, Tye Hewson, Niall Cuttle and Josh Pendleton all denied by the Triangle keeper to keep it 0-0 at the break.

Bridge again started well in the second and Ash Whittaker’s perfectly flighted free kick fell straight to the foot of Sam Davidson who could not miss from 10 yards to put Bridge in front.

The lead didn’t last long as Triangle pegged Bridge back immediately but the hosts regrouped, held their heads high and went forward in search of the winner.

They had enough chances to win three games, and with the clock ticking down to the last minute Niall Cuttle was released down the right and he pulled the ball all the way across goal for the on-rushing slater Barnes to head home the winner to give Bridge a well deserved three points in their bid to climb back up the table.

The battle of the teams with club in their names ended with honours even as Top Club and Royd Club fought out a scrappy 3-3 draw.

The two sides were evenly-matched throughout, but it was Royd who were left kicking themselves after conceding an equaliser in the last few seconds of the game.

Top Club hit the front but Royd responded with interest, James Redmond and John Gibson putting them 2-1 to the good.

The home side levelled again before Sam Taylor thought he had struck gold with the winner for the visitors.

Unfortunately their celebrations proved premature as the hosts rattled in their last ditch leveller.

Brown Cow stormed to a comprehensive 5-1 victory in a highly anticipated Division Two clash with Ma Bakers.

The hosts played some fine football and were unlucky not to add to their tally.

League leaders Cow got off to the best possible start when a Scott Carney strike was saved from the keeper only for for Jack Robinson to pounce and smash home the loose ball.

The game was end to end despite Matt Bodkins and Tom Robinson dominating the midfield.

Cow went two with an unbelievable 40 yard lob from man of the match Tom Robinson and Scott Carney scored again to make it 3-0 at the break.

The home side carried their momentum into the second half with ace marksman Kyle Tyers scoring the fourth after a wonderful save from Ma Baker’s keeper.

Jack Robinson completed his brace with a tap in after another good save before Ma Bakers scored a late consolation, much to the dismay of Ma Bakers ex keeper Arron Bergin.

Beehive & Cross Keys remain in second following a 7-3 success at st Columbas while Old Pond Reserrves’ 3-0 home success over King Cross Park kept them in third.