Sunday League: Results go as expected in Senior Cup

Old Pond's Brad Rufus sees his route to goal blocked against Waiters Arms
Old Pond's Brad Rufus sees his route to goal blocked against Waiters Arms

Only one Premier Division side fell at the first hurdle in the Outdoor World Direct Senior Cup on Sunday.

Siddal Place were beaten 2-1 at home by Division One strugglers Barum Top at West Vale.

But there were safe passages for the rest of the top flight sides, with FC Panda thrashing Division One basement-dwellers Triangle 10-1 at Calderdale College.

Panda Reserves lost 3-2 at Feathers FC, despite goals from Suhail Bashir and Awais Ashfaq at Shroggs Park.

A Jordan Coduri hat-trick helped Bradshaw to a 4-3 win to home to Cock and Bottle. Luke Butterworth was also on the scoresheet for the hosts, while Zak Waddington netted a hat-trick for Cock and Bottle.

Cock and Bottle took the lead inside two minutes turning defence into attack with Waddington firing past Wayne Camplin.

Bradshaw quickly equalised and then took the lead midway through the first half.

Cock and Bottle equalised just before the break, before Waddington fired them in-front with a curling strike into the top corner from the edge of the box.

Again Bradshaw quickly levelled though, and the game looked to be heading to penalties but Bradshaw stuck the winner with 10 minutes left.

Lee Mount also edged through by beating Halifax Rangers 6-5, with the hosts’ goals coming from Adam Burke, Luke Fusco, Jordan Owens and two from Craig Moseley at Savile Park.

Old Pond faced the heartbreak of a last-minute winner from a Waiters Arms side who struggled to get a starting 11 together.

Ben Ireland opened the scoring with a speculative shot from the halfway line that caught keeper Ethan Daly off his line.

The lead only lasted six minutes as a delivery from the right flank was nodded home at the back post by John Lister.

Full-back Dean Park put Waiters ahead at the break, after which both sides missed some good chances, including Dave Chappell missing a penalty.

Hayden Lewis restored parity for Pond after Wayne Allert’s shot was parried, but there was one more twist to come as Chappell scored with the last kick of the game.

Ryburn United came from behind to knock out Thrum Hall 3-2.

Ryburn took the lead after 18 minutes when Hall’s keeper Hoyle dropped the ball at the feet of the United player.

Thrum Hall equalised on 43 minutes when a Regan Martin cross found the head of Hall striker Gibson.

Shortly after half time the roles were reversed for Hall’s second when Gibson set up Martin who neatly finished on the half volley.

On 60 minutes Ryburn equalised and five minutes later they scored the decisive goal as Hoyle was at fault once again, a clearance from deep inside the Ryburn half was misjudged by the ‘keeper and bounced over him into the empty net.

Woodhouse United’s three-match winning streak was ended emphatically with a 6-2 defeat away to Ryburn Valley.

They got a dream start against their section-higher foes at Savile Park when Joe Connor found cousin Jay with a lovely through ball and a finish was applied.

The finish was short lived as Ryburn exposed Woodhouse’s right hand side and scored four goals in a torrid 20 minutes for right back Steven Whatmough. A soft free kick made it 5-1.

Quick thinking from Ryan Horan and Joe Connor enabled Woodhouse to pull one back just before the break, Connor beat the offside trap to bring down Horan’s free kick and smash home.

Woodhouse tried to get back into the game but got caught on the counter for Valley’s sixth, David Suddal finishing with a hat-trick for the hosts.

A Lewis Cockroft hat-trick helped Hollins Holme beat King Cross Park 6-1.

Hollins played down the slope first on an excellent surface and Joe Gibson gave them the lead after five minutes with a diving header from Andrew Butterworth’s cross.

Good team play set up the other four goals before the break, Cockroft getting three of them and Will Chadwick the other.

Park got a goal back around the hour mark following a ball through the middle but Butterworth had the final say with a typical powerful strike from distance with 10 minutes left.