Taylor on target four times as Sports prosper

Triangle v Pond. Dan Pummell and Chris Marsh.
Triangle v Pond. Dan Pummell and Chris Marsh.

Man of the match Sam Taylor netted four times as King Cross Sports eased to a 7-0 Premier Division success over Shoulder FC Northowram.

Taylor opened the scoring after latching onto a Daniel King through ball after which Craig Davison added the second following up after Taylor’s volley had been saved.

Shoulder added to their problems by scoring an own goal before Taylor completed his hat-trick with a headed goal and a volley, both assisted by Joe Sykes.

Luke Butterworth then made it 6-0 at the break with a 30 yard screamer.

Shoulder worked hard to get themselves back into the game but Cross’s central defensive partnership of Lee Wharton and Gavin Foster remained solid with ‘keeper Craig Clegg rarely troubled.

Taylor then capped his fine individual performance with a delightful chip over the Shoulder ‘keeper who also pulled off a number of fine saves.

FC Bowling Green moved four points clear at the top after a 5-2 success over battling Mount Tabor.

The game was all but over as a contest at the break after Green raced into a four goal lead.

However, Tabor made a decent fist of things in the second half, although the deficit was too great to claw back.

Green started the ball rolling when Joe Swallow picked up a pass from Dean Lewis, rounded the ‘keeper and squared for Ollie Smith to tap home.

The second arrived when Swallow’s cross was nodded back by Jonny Collins at the far post for Adam Sharp and almost immediately it was 3-0 when Lewis cut in from the left, beat two defenders and lashed home.

Swallow netted with a similar effort from the right as Green opened up a big lead at the interval.

Tabor put up a better show but fell further behind when Collins poked home following a goalmouth scramble

Tabor pulled one back when Leon Severn fouled Jacob Wood in the area and Martin Greenwood netted from the spot before Adam Helliwell fired home their second.

Division One leaders Old Pond had to settle for a point after they were held to a 4-4 draw in a topsy-turvy clash with Triangle on a blustery Savile Park.

Pond took the lead against the run of play when a Michael Barlow free kick was smashed home by Paul Meredith.

They doubled their advantage shortly afterwards, Steven Ashford hitting a sweet side foot volley home from a Lee Potter assist.

Angle got a vital goal back before the break, fair reward for their endeavors, Alex Brown netting from the penalty spot.

Pond reasserted their two goal advantage early in the second period when Chris Marsh calmly stroked the ball past the prone Martin Brown in the Triangle net.

Richard Riley’s side fashioned a tremendous comeback, however, as they reacted quicker to the ball in and around the Pond area. Kevin Spalding snapped up two rebounds to restore parity, before Matthew Barlow rammed home to put the home side into the lead.

The Hove Edge visitors rescued a point with Alex Brown the man on target.

Queens Head and Greetland Goldstars also shared the spoils after a fiesty 2-2 draw.

Both teams had a player sent off for fighting in a first half where Greetland started the brighter.

However, it was Queens who struck first through Tom Atkinson but Greetland drew level ahead of the interval.

The visitors then took the lead but Queens equalised through Blake Gallagher and then had a good shout for a penalty turned down.

Rastrick Bowling Club picked up a welcome three points following a 3-2 victory over bottom club Stallions.

Craig Burke claimed the goalscoring honours in Division Two as he rattled in seven to help Hens Face secure a 9-0 success over Halifax Rangers.

Burke enjoyed a purple patch in front of goal as every attempt he made seemed to go in. He also benefitted from some excellent team work as the bottom club, although brave, were put to the sword.

The scoring was completed by Jake Kennedy and Chris Higgins.

Woodhouse brothers Martin and Chris were again in sizzling form as Bradshaw booked their place in the third round of the West Riding Sunday Cup with a 9-2 demolition of Bradford side FC Delius.

Martin and Chris both grabbed a hat-trick in the rout as Bradshaw recorded their seventh successive win.

Brandon Field played his part with two goals while Tom Boyle completed the tally.

Waiters Arms continued their County Cup adventure thanks to a 7-2 victory over Leeds side Horsforth Fairweather.

Things couldn’t have started any better for Waiters with Adam Fenton nodding home at the back post from an Ashton Richardson throw after just three minutes.

Horsforth equalised five minutes later but Richardson restored the lead just before the break.

Horsforth came out fired up and duly squared things up. Waiters took the initiative and regained the lead when David Chappell burst through and slotted home.

The same player then made it four after which Lee Wood, on his return from injury, made it safe with an emphatic header from a pin-point Danny Cook cross.

The same two combined again for Wood to make it 6-2 again with a header before Marco Romano rounded things off with a penalty in the last minute.

Waiters now face Bradford side Napoleons Casino in the third round.

FC Barge are also through following a 4-0 win at Pudsey Juniors Old Boys. They are now at home to Buttershaw White Star.

Second Division side North Bridge booked a West Riding Sunday Trophy third round date with Aire Athletic following their 5-3 success over Wakefield-based FC Whinney Moor.

A fast-paced game saw Whinney Moor start off fiercely. However, one bad tackle too many early on resulted in North Bridge claiming a penalty which Andy Warnes rifled home.

Bridge were unable to add to their lead and a 5 minute spell saw Whinney Moor take advantage of poor defending to grab three goals.

Bridge raised their game and after numerous attacks, they eventually claimed a second when Slater Barnes smashed the ball in at the back post.

The equaliser arrived early in the second half when a Tom Hoodlass cross found Chris Carter who volleyed home. Tye Hewson then managed to get himself on the scoresheet after converting a one-on-one chance.

A bad tackle in the final minute led to a confrontation between players and a long delay. After the dust had settled Whinney Moor thought they had sent the game to extra time when a free kick was claimed to have crossed the line, only for the referee to wave it away.

Bridge hit Moor on the counter attack and with the goalkeeper slipping, Andy Day was able to tackle him and square to Dean Crossley who tapped into an empty net.

King Cross Park saw their involvement ended following a 6-0 defeat at Cartwright Lister.