Taylor satisfied after claiming point against leaders

Sunday football - North Bridge Reserves (blue) v St Columbas. Tom Hoodlass for North Bridge and Barry Richardson for St Columbas.
Sunday football - North Bridge Reserves (blue) v St Columbas. Tom Hoodlass for North Bridge and Barry Richardson for St Columbas.

FC Bowling Green’s Dan Taylor was happy with a point as his side fought out a 2-2 draw with Ziggys Metro Cars Halifax Sunday League Premier Division leaders Lee Mount.

Green have been hit by injuries this season and Taylor admitted that while the title was out of his side’s grasp now, two upcoming cup quarter-finals were the focus for Green’s season.

The draw was a fair reflection on the game with both sides failing to make the most of a number of half chances.

Green started well and took an early lead when good work down the left from Chris Dennison and Joe Swallow saw the latter’s cross turned into his own net by a defender.

Mount, who are always strong on the break, pulled a goal back when the Green defence failed to deal with a problem and Brad Brocklehurst forced the ball home.

Mount then looked the more likely to add to their lead and made it 2-1 on the sttroke of half-time with Callum Meade firing straight and true past ‘keeper Craig Lobley from 12 yards following a goalmouth scramble.

The second half followed a similar pattern with Green’s Sam Taylor seeing an effort cleared off the line while Meade should have done better with a chance at the other end.

Green finally worked the goal they had been looking for when Jake Allott and Dean Lewis teamed up to find Swallow.

He rounded the ‘keeper then pulled the ball back for Ash Rayner to slot home.

Bradshaw secured their second successive 5-2 victory in Division One with Royd Club on the receiving end this time around.

Bradshaw opened up a 2-0 lead at the break through goals from Chris and Martin Woodhouse.

Dez Morris lit up the second half with a world class goal, beating five men and finishing well into the bottom corner.

Royd rallied and pulled two goals back, but Bradshaw were not to be denied and completed the win with Moorhouse and Chris Woodhouse netting.

Steve Cochrane was outstanding for Bradshaw.

King Cross Park continued their run of good form at home with a 11-0 thumping of Ovenden Phoenix.

Phoenix were never really in the game and good early pressure from Park saw Martin Eland slot home from 18 yards. Eland was then on hand to tee up Tom Peirson to double Parks advantage.

Top scorer Sam Dunkley then got in on the action with a cute finish before debutant Chris Turner’s cross/shot evaded the Phoenix keeper.

After the break, to their credit, Phoenix exerted some early pressure however when man of the match Jarrett Rickman crashed home from Si Ward’s knock down, the game was over.

Substitute Kieran Evans then slid in Eland for his brace, and he soon completed his hat-trick from the spot after Tom Peirson was brought down. Dunkley then joined his team mate by adding two quick goals to complete his own hat-trick, and Si Ward made it double figures with a composed finish. The victory was rounded off when full back Gareth Hunter converted an exquisite volley after Ben Peirson’s knock down.

A Scott Cartman inspired Brown Cow Ran out 6-2 winners in a fiercely contested encounter which ended Beehive and Cross Keys’ impressive unbeaten run.

The match started off at pace with Cow missing a couple of chances and Beehive’s Alex O’Keefe causing problems with his pace.

He won a penalty following a rash challenge from Gary Binns and David Armitage stepped up to make it 1-0 to the visitors.

Ash Scully responded for the hosts with a fine effort before Cow made it 2-1 on the stroke of half time with man of the match Scott Cartman’s fantastic tackle and lay back to Tom Robinson who fizzed in a fantastic cross for Scott Carney to finish off a fantastic move.

Cow brought striker/manger Kyle Tyers off the bench and he added a third following a great cross from Carney after Beehive had failed to clear the corner.

Carney added a fourth with a delicious chip following a fantastic through ball from Kyle Tyers, then completed his hat-trick with a fabulous effort from the edge of the area.

Beehive weren’t finished and scored their second from the spot after a clumsly challenge from ‘keeper Aaron Bergin.

Cow added a sixth soon after with Ash Scully playing Scott Carney in who crossed again for Kyler Tyers to complete his brace.

Both sides continued to create chances in a pulsating match which was marred by an unfortunate injury to Beehive’s Tom Lamb.