Waiters serve up fine display

Actions from the game, King Cross Sports reserves v North Bridge FC, football at King Cross SSC, Hopwood Lane.'Pictured are Wayne Crossley and Brandon Gilling.
Actions from the game, King Cross Sports reserves v North Bridge FC, football at King Cross SSC, Hopwood Lane.'Pictured are Wayne Crossley and Brandon Gilling.

Waiters Arms continued their bright start to life in the Bridge Balti Halifax Sunday League top flight thanks to a comprehensive 4-0 home victory over Mount Tabor.

Waiters attacked down the slope with David Chappell and Billy Grogan causing problems for the Tabor defence and the two combined only for Chappell to blaze wide.

James Goodwin and Grogan missed glorious opportunities while Waiters’ back line of Ash O’Shea and Ashton Richardson kept Tabor danger man Adam Helliwell in check.

Waiters continued to press with Ash Rayner and Adam Fenton supplying the passes from midfield and it was Rayner who was hacked down in the area for Grogan to do the business from the spot to send Waiters 1-0 up at the break.

Tabor had a man sent off and this spurred Waiters who made their superiority tell when Fenton’s cross found Danny Cook unmarked at the back post and he prodded home.

Waiters substitutions then made the difference as in the last 10 minutes they made the game safe with Marco Romano setting up debutant Scott McHale. The fourth came after some more good work from McHale who closed down Jay Crowther in the Tabor goal before unselfishly laying it on a plate for Chappell to net.

Carrington ran out 7-4 winners over Lee Mount in an entertaining game at Beechwood Park.

Carrington took the lead when Jordan Coduri leapt like a salmon to head home Damien Randall’s cross at the far post.

Lee Mount equalised before Robbie Graham restored the lead with a blistering drive from distance.

Lee Mount drew level again from the penalty spot, but it was short-lived as Carrington got themselves back in front when, from a swift counter attack, Coduri squared for Randall to slam the ball home.

Coduri then grabbed his second from an acute angle to give Carrington a two goal cushion at the break.

Lee Mount pulled one back shortly after the break and when Randall was dismissed for a second yellow it looked like it would be backs to the wall for Carrington.

But two goals in as many minutes from Matty Horsfall and Coduri all but ended the game as a contest before Lee Mount were able to apply any pressure.

The visitors managed to pull a goal back against the 10 men but Coduri rounded things off with his fourth of the game, a superb strike into the top corner.

Halifax Hammers picked up their first success of the season with a 5-4 success over last season’s runners-up Elland Sports.

Excellent work by Mohammed Ozair set Terriq Pervez up but Elland struck back through a penalty.

Hammers regained the lead through Mattthew Waller tthen made it 3-1 at the break with Jasim Salih netting.

Hammers made it 4-1 after the break before Elland hot back with two quick goals. Hammers then made iot 5-3 before Elland completed the scoring.

Elsewhere, FC Bowling Green ran out 5-0 winners over FC Barge while King Cross Sports inflicted a 2-1 defeat on Feathers FC.

Stephen Àshford scored a hat-trick in Old Pond’s narrow 5-4 victory over Stallions in Division One.

That helped Pond open up a 5-1 lead with Glen Lee and Wayne Allert also netting.

Stallions produced a great comeback but fell short of salvaging a point as Pond Continued their 100 per cent start to season.

Queens Head were architects of their own downfall in a 2-1 home defeat by Ryburn Valley.

Queens started the better and created chances before Luke Eastwood put them ahead.

However, they proceeded to concede their third penalty in two league games when defender Benjamin Steele was guilty of a foul in the box and Valley restored parity from the spot.

Seconds before half-time the home defence then backed off allowing the visitors to net a second.

The second half saw both sides probing but neither could produce another goal.

Oddfellows took over top spot following their 5-1 home success over Bradshaw while Hollins Holme maintained their unbeaten start with a 3-2 success over Greetland Goldstars.

Royd Club were 6-2 winners over visiting Tiangle while Ryburn United defeated Rastrick BC 2-0

North Bridge maintained their 100 per cent start in Division Two with a 5-0 victory at King Cross Sports Reserves

North Bridge went 1-0 up when Chris Carter received a pass from Slater Barnes and placed the ball into the bottom corner.

Carter got his second goal with an amazing 40-yard strike flying passed a helpless goalkeeper then completed his hat-trick with a brilliant move where he knocked the ball over three players’ head and slotted it into the bottom corner via the inside of the post.

Carter was still not done as he went on to claim his fourth of the game.

King Cross had a few spells in the first half and one chance, hit from distance, forced an acrobatic save from the North Bridge keeper.

A quiet second half saw few chances but King Cross pressed forward and worked hard to try and break North Bridge’s back line.

Wayne Crossley wrapped up things up when he went one-on-one with the goalkeeper, rounded him and stroked the ball home.

Halifax Hammers Reserves continued their good start to the new season with an impressive 9-1 win over Halifax Rangers where ‘keeper Bilal Gobi Sheraz enjoyed a fine game.

King’s Cross Park enjoyed a 6-0 win over Feathers Reserves and Top Club were successful by 1-0 at Czech United.

Hens Face and Beehive & Cross Keys shared the spoils from a 1-1 draw.