Youngsters delight Addy

BRIGHOUSE Town Reserves boss Ricky Addy was forced to field seven of the club’s under 19 side at home to Lower Hopton on Saturday and was delighted with their performance in a 3-3 draw.

“We passed them off the park and should have won 8-3 or 9-3,” he said.

All three goals came from youngsters but Brighouse had to do it the hard way after trailing 2-0 to goals at the start of each half.

Brighouse scored twice in 10 minutes after going two down. Lewis Hepworth scored what Addy termed “a proper centre forward’s goal” with a turn and shot in the box while Josimar Bradshaw also produced a good finish after running through.

The visitors regained the lead when Brighouse failed to deal with a long punt over the top but Dale Feather equalised with 10 minutes left and Town had chances to win it.

Town have played more games than anyone else in the Premier Division but are still in action at home to Tyersal tomorrow, when Addy expects to have more senior players available.

Halifax Irish Club remain seventh in Division One after a 2-2 draw away to Eastmoor.

Nick McConnell was without key men Lee Coulthard, Scott Hamilton and Nicky Bell and his side fell behind after 20 minutes to a good header from a corner.

The equaliser came midway through the second half, Luke Holmes firing into the roof of the net after a header out from a corner.

Irish took the lead when Richard Clark made a nuisance of himself in the box, the keeper fumbled and Dan Pullen cashed in.

However, Eastmoor equalised two minutes later with Irish appealing in vain for offside.

Holmes and young Alex Coburn might have won it late on for the visitors but a draw was a fair result.

Ovenden West Riding Reserves got back to winning ways with a 5-1 home success against Tingley Athletic Reserves to move away from the Division Two relegation zone.

They took a 12th minute lead when Gavin Pattison scored after combining with James Machon.

Machon and Matt Mason were dominating midfield and Chris Woodhouse made it 2-0 on 30 minutes after being put through by Gareth Jones.

Woodhouse added another five minutes later after combing with brother Martin.

Tingley got on the scoresheet through Alan Aveyard on 50 minutes when the home defence got into a tangle but Jones scored a fine solo goal five minutes later and Chris Woodhouse completed the scoring when his persistency paid off.