Manchester attack: Queensbury dad dashes to Manchester to find family

editorial image

A Queensbury dad dashed to Manchester in a desperate bid to find his family who had been at the Ariana Grande concert on Monday evening.

Councillor Andrew Senior was reunited with his wife Natalie and two daughters Eve, 14, and Emelia, 11, outside the arena.

His wife and one daughter were in an ambulance being treated for cuts and bruises after Salman Ramadan Abedi unleashed a deadly bomb blast at Manchester Arena.

Emelia said: “We ended up leaving early because everyone had gone off the stage.

“We walked out, we’d gone through the gates to actually go out, suddenly something really hot just flew over us and behind me and my sister and we all dropped to the floor.

“I couldn’t really hear anything it was just really scary.”

Mr Senior said: “We’re the lucky ones. I think they have got a lot more serious things to contend with.”

Meanwhile, a vigil was held in Hebden Bridge last night in tribute to the 22 victims and many more injured in the atrocity.

And The Courteeners paid a heartfelt tribute to their hometown of Manchester at their gig at the Victoria Theatre.

An election hustings event due to be held at Halifax Minster this evening (Wednesday) has been postponed in light of the attack and an NUT question time event with the Halifax candidates, which was scheduled to be held tomorrow night, has been cancelled.

Theresa May has said soldiers are being sent on to Britain’s streets to help the police and a second terror attack may be imminent

The prime minister raised the threat level from severe to critical for the first time since July 2007, meaning “not only that an attack remains highly likely but a further attack may be imminent.”